Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ready Set Go

Hey you, my name is Rebecca.
No one calls me that though, and I prefer it that way. It makes me feel like I'm either in trouble or I should be running around on a farm somewhere. So, Becca will do just fine(: I am 21 years old, and about 11 months away from finishing school! Ultimately I would love to be an ORN, but for now I am getting my Associates in Occupational Science and my surgical technologist certification. The program I am in is an accelerated one though, which means I have surrendered about 90% of my social life to little ol' ACC. It will be worth it in the end though(:

I have been a Petco employee for over 3 years now, and I am MORE than over it. Don't get me wrong, they have been great when it comes to working with my school schedule, and I love animals. I just want something more. I am not going to be the person shaving your dog and pulling their ear hair for the rest of my life. (No offense to anyone who does that! It's just not for me ^_^)

I have 5 dogs, 1 mini lop bunny, and 1 fish! I am a complete animal person! I trust them more than I trust most people >.< When I finally venture from the nest, I would LOVE to own a parrot, Great Dane, French Bulldog, and an Irish Wolfhound :D!!!! I will most likely end up adopting though, because those fricken shelter commercials with the depressing songs playing in the background make me want to cry every time.

So, why become a blogger you ask? (or not) Well, I have always loved writing. I love books. I love words. Books were quite literally my best friend when I was younger.... I haven't always been the best with people :X Anyway, I always felt that I was better expressing myself on paper. Or in this case, via an internet web page.

My love for anything word related isn't the sole reason for my new lease on a blogger's lifestyle though. I have a boyfriend. An absolutely amazing boyfriend named Ryan, whom I love from head to toe. A boyfriend who I would do anything for. A boyfriend who is, by far, my best friend. All that being said, my best friend is a boom operator for the United States Air Force. THAT being said, my best friend is also stationed in Spokane, Washington; while I remain in Alta Loma, California.

I never was really a fan or a believer of long-distance relationships. I felt that they had no purpose. I felt that they were a flat out WASTE OF TIME. Obviously, I've changed my mind(: Never before have I experienced anything so challenging, and yet so worthwhile. I'll get more into my airman and our relationship on a future post though(:

Back to my reason for joining! Recently, (and by "recently" I mean 2 days ago) Ryan left for his first deployment. Now, we didn't talk to each other all day every day, and we were already miles away in the first place.... but him being 2 states away is a completely different from being OCEANS away. I suppose I have to get used to it though, this being the first of many deployments he will most likely take part in.

Moving on.... Ryan was deployed with his friend Caleb, and it was Caleb's lovely girlfriend Kelsey that made me consider starting a blog. She said it really helped her deal with everything, and seeing that before meeting her and Michel (another airman's lovely significant other) I had no one to talk to really that could understand the kinds of issues and feelings that come with this lifestyle, so I figured I'd give it a try!

Well, that's all for now! I have to get ready to go out to a celebratory dinner in honor of me dominating all of my final exams ;D

9 comments:

  1. Yayy for making a blog!!! So exciting. You will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I like it so far :D I am just trying to make a personalized layout...... it is frustrating me -_- haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. that is my favorite part.. : ) and just to let you know when people comment you on here and you comment back the other person does not get notified. Usually if you want to respond to people they use email. LOL. I know it is so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I found you from Michel's blog. I'm an AF wife stationed in Northern CA. I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there I too found your blog through Michel. I look forward to reading more about you. Please feel free to check out my blog @ http://armywifeb2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am another Air Force girlfriend. Defintely not an easy life but I agree with you, it is rewarding! I look forward to reading more about your life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome. And my first blog was made for me but the one I have now was edited by me. I have a really cool program on my computer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Becca! Welcome to blog world :) I'm a new follower! I cant wait to learn more about you and i will be praying for you and my thoughts are with you as you are faced with deployment with your boyfriend! Congrats on being done with finals! that is such a relief :) hope you have a blessed holiday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the blogging world. You're bunny is so cute. I've been wanting to get a bunny for awhile but we adopted another pup so I don't think the hubby will go for it. Stop by sometime and check out my pups.

    ReplyDelete