My boyfriend's mom....
is by far one of the most incredible women that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I could only hope to be half the woman she is when I reach the end of the road(: When Ryan and I weren't on speaking terms, not only did it break my heart that I lost my best friend, but it also thoroughly sucked that I no longer had his mother to talk to.
I don't open up to people easily. I am the girl who keeps everything to herself until it builds up to the point of irrational overflow. I also don't have the best relationship with my mother. I suppose it has gotten better over the years, but still no where near what a mother/daughter relationship should be...... and it is a constant source of hurt for me. So when Cindy allowed me to open up to her, a whole river of emotions and words came pouring out. She was drowning in them, poor woman haha(: She never makes me feel like a burden though, and is always there when I need her. Whether it concerns things at home, myself, my mom, or even Ryan... she is always there to listen. She gives the best advice, and even makes sure to open up a little to me as well, which means so much. People think that it is weird that I have been to bars, clubs, and one on one dinners with his mother, but I see nothing weird about spending time with this wonderful woman.
BUT!!!!! What do I get her for Christmas?! What do I get my boyfriend's ULTIMATE best friend (he is such a momma's boy >.<) What do I get the woman that raised the amazing man who has stole my heart?!? I struggled for weeks with ideas! With Christmas only 3 days away, I was rushing around everywhere today still trying to find a gift for my own mom. In the end, my sister and I decided to make my mom a little firefighter bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop (my father has been a firefighter/paramedic for the past 20 years :) AND THEN I SAW IT! The PERFECT gift for Ryan's mom!!!!!
and here it is!
A little Air Force bear!!!!!!! I saw the outfit and fell in love! I want one for myself! haha :D For those of you that don't know, those are the "blues" that many Airmen wear! Ryan looks so handsome in his, but he absolutely HATES wearing them haha He says they are uncomfortable, and hard to maintain. Either way this little bear was in for the win!!!!!!
If you have never been to a Build-A-Bear Workshop, let me explain how it works.....
- First, you pick out your animal. They have everything from teddy bears, to wild animals, to Hello Kitty characters(:
- Then you head over to the stuffing area, where a worker brings your animal of choice to life. (Which looks kind of disturbing to me! :X)
- The worker asks you who the "furry friend" is for, and then asks you to pick out a heart to put inside your new friend
- Once you pick out the heart, you have to rub it on your cheek for good luck, rub it on your heart for love, and kiss it for a life of happiness. (I'm not making this up. They actually make you do this :X)
- Finally, they make you close your eyes and make a wish before they actually sew the heart inside your friend!
- THEN... you have to give your friend a "bath" (literally, they have a bath tub and brushes and whatnot. No real water though :)
- FINALLY! You are allowed to pick out an outfit for your friend. THEY HAVE EVERYTHING! I mean EVERYTHING. Football teams, baseball teams, military, careers, disney characters, movie characters... EVERYTHING
- The last step before you continue on to paying for your friend is to make him/her a birth certificate, where you give your friend a name!
I named him "Airbear" and now he is sitting comfortably in my room, waiting for his rightful owner(: I am having brunch with Cindy the day after Christmas hopefully, and I can't wait to give him to her!
Here is a picture of "Itttle Bernie" and "Airbear" <3
Anyway, continuing on with this 30 day thing!
Day 2- Your Crush
HA! Crush?! What I currently feel romantically is nowhere NEAR a "crush." I haven't had a "crush" since the 9th grade, so no one gets a letter today! haha (:
Ok, that is all for the night! I am hoping to talk to Ryan in an hour or two (: